TIBETAN, LION'S ROAR, HOP-GAR, LAMA KUNG-FU
Sanskrit Lion's Roar!
"The 8 Ruling Seed Fists"
Sanskrit Names For the 8 Seed Fists:
Simhanada Ashta Bija Mukti
THE 8 -SEED FISTS IN SANSKRIT & CHINESE
The so-called "Lion's Roar! 8" or "Octave Theory" of the Lion's Roar! Tantric Martial Art, known in Sanskrit as Simhanda Raja Ashtanga - 'Lion's Roar! Ruling 8-Parts', is a Yoga - a whole-system with many levels and meanings. It is intimately connected to the Buddha's 8-Fold Path of Liberation:
and as such the Ashta-Bija Mukti - the 8-Seed Fists below are symbolic of the Lion's Roar! Yoga's path of liberation:
1. Chinna (penetrating) Antarala (Bardo) This is Chune-Choi
(in Penetrating right thru Punch in Cantonese) 穿搥
Also: Chinna-Antarala the
Bardo Penetrating Cut.
2. Upari-Yana (Striking up to heaven) Chinna Upariyana. This is Pow-Choi (Cannon Punch in Cantonese) 炮搥
3. Pari-Pis (Crushing - Pounding) Chinna-Paripis. This is Cup-Choi (in Stamping Punch Cantonese) 踩搥
4. Ghana (Battle-Hammer or Mace). Chinna-Ghana. This is Deng-Choi (Nail Punch in Cantonese) 釘搥
5. Kaza-Nipata (Blow with a Whip). Chinna-kazanipata. This is Bin-Choi (Whip Punch in Cantonese) 鞭搥
6. Mastika (Head). Chinna-Masta this is Tow Choi -Head-Decapitation Hook Punch (Head Punch in Cantonese) 頭搥.
7. Parashu (Battle-Axe) Chinna-Parashurama. This is Pec-Choi (Chop-Punch in Cantonese) 劈搥.
8. Ava-Dara (Break thru or burst thru by ramming). Chinna-Avadara. This is Sar-Jong (Ramming Punch in Cantonese) 撞搥.
Om Simhanada Ashtanga Yoga Hum